Thursday, April 11, 2013

Just try

I'm not going to sugar coat it. Quitting soda sucks and it is really hard. I'm on the 11th day and this is the first day I haven't had to pop a couple of Excedrin. I legitimately thought about having a diet coke today. We were on our way to lunch and I was having an internal struggle as to whether or not I should order one. I didn't. I had water. Then we went to in-n-out to dinner. One of my favorite things in the whole world is a cheeseburger paired with a nice, big, icy cold diet coke. But I had water. And you know what I don't feel that bad about it anymore. I can't guarantee I'm not going to crave one tomorrow but for today I feel okay.  I read this quote last night and it gave me enough strength and enough faith that if I keep trying to do something that is difficult for me eventually it will become a habit. I know President Uchtdorf wasn't probably referring to overcoming a diet soda addiction but to me last night that's what this quote was all about and it made me feel better. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. My name is Latrell. I just happened to come across your blog. I so totally understand the diet thing! Its so hard isn't it? I too am dieting, turning a cheeseburger down takes pure determination but its rewarding. I lost 9 pounds in 20 days :) Stay focused girl! Check out my blog sometime! Let me know how I can subscribe or follow you! See ya!

    ReplyDelete