Monday, April 8, 2013

8 days and going strong

This blog is about confessions so I am going to make one now...I don't give up soda when I said I would. I stopped drinking it for a couple of days and then thought about the fact that we were going on our annual spring break camping trip a few weeks later and with everyone else drinking soda around me I wouldn't have enough will power to say no. So I started drinking soda again and I drank a lot of it. In fact, while we were camping I think I had one water bottle- the rest, diet Dr Pepper! And boy was it good! But I had promised myself and my husband that I would stop drinking it as soon as we got home. He seems to be worried about my health-yadda yadda. As soon as we got home I was done. I have been 8 days "sober" and I am still experiencing a headache everyday and the cravings couldn't be worse. I guess that shows just how addicted I was and am to it. But my resolve is stronger than my cravings and I am determined to stick with it. I really haven't started eating any better because I figure I can only tackle one monumentous  task at a time but give me a little while and ill tackle that too! Here's to my new elixir of life- WATER!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I drink a ridiculous amount of Diet Coke and don't even attempt to quit!

    ReplyDelete