Thursday, August 11, 2011

Darth Vader


I've often wondered why my "drug" of choice has always been food. Where did it begin? Why do I love it so much and why does it make me feel so good?
I reward myself with food.
I sedate myself with food.
I eat when I'm happy.
I eat when I'm sad.
I eat because there is nothing else to do.
I've always wished that I was one of those people that loves to exercise-that every time something good or bad happens they go for a run...
Seems crazy I know but there are actually people that do that.
I guess they get from running what I get from eating.
I love the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with a full belly.
That feeling of pure satisfaction and contentment 
followed by feelings of self-loathing because I can't button my pants.
Most of us know the feeling.
However,
I did go running yesterday and it felt WONDERFUL.
The sore muscles not so much but then again they made me remember that I had actually done something to warrant them.
I would have gone today but I'm supposed to take it slow according to my running plan.
 I will go again tomorrow. 
Little side note:
Last night when I went for a run at the schools indoor track there were two girls walking.
They were taking up all four lanes.
I ran up behind and said excuse me and about scared the pants out of the pregnant one (so glad I didn't make her go into labor)
What I couldn't understand though was how she didn't here me running up behind here. 
I sounded like Darth Vader breathing so heavy.
I am out of shape for sure.
O and just FYI if you taste blood when you run its normal.
I asked my doctor.
Apparently for out of shape people like myself it is our lungs trying to build up.
Anyways I will go running again tomorrow and maybe eventually I can become one of those crazies that 
loves to run.
Someday.
Maybe.
If I'm lucky.
Or I guess if I work hard enough at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment