Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Love Yourself

Do you ever look back and kick yourself for not appreciating what you once had?
I remember all through high school thinking that I was this huge fat cow and now looking back at pictures I wonder what the heck was wrong with me.
I looked HOT!
Now believe me I am not really a self absorbed person- okay maybe just sometimes- but really I was looking pretty darn good.
And I was too stupid to appreciate it.
I have come to the conclusion that the female race will always be unhappy with themselves.
They will find something that they THINK is wrong with them
and obsess over what all of the other imperfect women are thinking about them.
Women really don't work out, get dressed up, or put on makeup for men...
It's for other women.
We all do it.
We all judge each other.
Why can't we all just accept that no one is perfect and just because someone is carrying around a few extra pounds doesn't mean they are not beautiful, smart, witty, etc.
I get the whole heath thing-yes it is important to do the right things so that you will live a long, happy, healthy life. 
Well you know what-
There is no knowing if I'll get hit by a bus tomorrow so if I want that brownie I'm going to eat it.
I'm not going to eat a brownie three times a day for the rest of life, but if I want one here and there I'm not going to feel guilty about it.
I am going to make important changes. 
I am going to care more about this body I have been given but I am going to stop obsessing.
I am going to start loving myself again.
I am probably never going to attain my high school body-I don't think most of us will-but I can be proud of myself-for the wonderful qualities I do have.
I need to stop comparing myself to others or thinking that people like me less because I am overweight.
I am that same person 50 lbs heavier that I was 50lbs lighter and I think I am pretty awesome.
So there. Taker it or leave it.
And please start loving yourself too!
You are amazing and wonderful!
Sorry to get all deep on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment