Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jumping for Joy


I know its pretty sad but I am beyond excited to go home not only to see my family but to eat! When you live somewhere with roughly 5 options you tend to dream about those food establishments so loved at home.
Justin and I have been compiling a mental list of places to go:

Del Taco
Carl's Jr
Peony's
PF Chang's
Rubios
Oscars

Just to name a few

Okay but in all seriousness after this next week of gorging ourselves to death it is time for me to get down to business. 
I have 6 weeks from the time we get back until the start of the next semester and you know what I'll be doing every day...

working out
&
 eating broccoli and chicken and other healthy, not very good tasting, foods

because this is my feelings towards the scale right now...





1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the very limited options up there.
    I wish you the best of luck with working out and eating healthy!
    I know you're not looking for comments, but can I make a suggestion? I checked out the book "The Belly Fat Cure" from the library, (you can also buy it at Walmart for $10).
    Anyways...It is a diet plan, but I don't use it for that. I use it for the amazing recipes!! They are healthy but taste great!
    There are over 100 recipes and what I love best about is that there are pictures for every recipe. Also, the other amazing thing is that it shows you what is bad vs. what is good.
    For example;
    It shows you a picture of a Carl's Jr Double Western Burger. Then it gives you a recipe on the opposite page of a much healthier, but just as tasty option! All of the recipes are knock-offs of food from different restaurants but modified to be healthy.
    The other night, I made fish tacos that are patterned after Rubio's fish tacos. SOOOO DANG GOOD! (And Rubios is my favorite!)

    Next time you're at Walmart, go thumb through it. I've been having a lot of fun making the food and to see Alex's reactions. :)

    In the mean time... Have fun in Temecula! Bummer we just down there. If you wanna stop by on your way through provo, we'd love to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete