Sunday, July 3, 2011

No Pickle or Tomato Please


As I sat last night around 7:30 thinking about what I wanted for dinner- but knowing I was too lazy to make anything- Burger King popped in my head. Now I'm not a lover of Burger King usually but when you live in a town with pretty much 5 options to eat at your expectations are a little lower. I knew I should probably grill a chicken breast and eat some broccoli but why would I when I can eat a meal that is easily 1200 calories at best. So I had a little internal battle with myself for a good 15 minutes...
Rational: Should I go? Really do I need to?
Food addict: Of course you should go. Think of that juicy cheeseburger and those salty fries all washed down with that diet coke (now remember I only said I wasn't going to have soda at home-that by no means means I wont order it when I'm out!)
Rational: Yes, but you always feel fat and gross and this will just add to it.
Food addict: This one meal isn't going to make that big of a difference, plus i feel feel so good when I eat it.
Rational: Maybe this one meal won't make a difference but when you eat like this practically every meal it will.
Food Addict: O well. I'll eat better next time. Burger King here I come.

Fast Food: 1
Me: 0

Needless to say I did eat that meal and it was delicious when I ate it and then I felt gross afterwards. You think after repeating this cycle over and over again I would learn, but nope, i don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment